Some ideas about how tho use the Recommendation.
The Recommendation can be used:
- As an international reference when developing research and science policies at all levels in both governments and organizations;
- As an internationally agreed set of norms to inform how research is conducted in various settings (such as universities, governments, non-governmental organizations, clinical research networks and businesses);
- As an unbiased, neutral, ethical and regulatory framework for international research collaboration agreements, especially in North–South settings;
- To provide international perspective on national or regional codes of conduct and ethical guidelines for science;
- To call for public responsibility to use science and create societal impact;
- To support Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as well as global human development in general;
- As a resource in science diplomacy, particularly to address ethical concerns.
This post is directly based on a text published by the Canadian Commission for UNESCO.