This site is owned and operated by Coopetic under a service contract for the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), the referral organization for the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development (IYBSSD2022).
- The personal data we will collect
- The use of the data collected
- Who has access to the data collected
- The rights of site users
Personal data must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently with respect to the data subject (lawfulness, fairness, transparency);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archival purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes shall not be considered, in accordance with Article 89(1), as incompatible with the original purposes (purpose limitation);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (data minimization);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data which are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (accuracy);
- retained in a form which permits identification of the data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed; personal data may be kept for longer periods insofar as they will be processed exclusively for archival purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1), provided that the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the Regulation are implemented in order to guarantee the rights and freedoms of the data subject (storage limitation);
- processed in such a way as to ensure appropriate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (integrity and confidentiality).
Processing is lawful only if, and to the extent that, at least one of the following conditions is met:
- the data subject has consented to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the data subject’s request;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- the processing is necessary to safeguard the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data prevail, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Users agree that by using our site, they consent:
- to the collection, use and retention of the data listed in this policy.
Personal data we collect
Data we collect automatically
When you visit and use this site, we automatically collect and store the following information:
- IP address;
- hardware and software used;
- content that the user views on your site;
Data collected in a non-automated way
We do not collect additional data except when an account is created for a user at their request (email address).
Data collected through forms
The data you enter into the forms on this site will be kept for as long as this site exists, for tracking purposes. It will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided: answers to questions, project proposals, entries in the calendar of events. Only data specifically provided to create events in the overall International Year calendar will be made public.
Data collected when you file a comment
When you leave a comment on our site, the data entered in the comment form, as well as your IP address and browser user agent, is collected to help us detect unwanted comments.
How we use personal data
Personal data collected on our site will be used only for the purposes specified in this policy. We will not use your data beyond what we disclose.
The data we automatically collect is used solely for statistical measures of site traffic.
With whom we share personal data
We may disclose to any member of our organization such user data as is reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this policy.
We may share User Data with subcontractors who will use it exclusively to carry out the purposes set forth in this policy.
Third parties will not be able to access user data beyond what is reasonably necessary to achieve the given purpose.
We will not sell or share your data with third parties, except in the following instances:
- if required by law;
- if required for any legal proceedings;
- to prove or protect our legal rights;
How long we store personal data
We do not store user data beyond what is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it is collected.
How we protect your personal data
No personally identifiable data is collected. The data collected is only for statistical processing purposes.It is only accessible to Coopetic employees assigned to this project. They may be transmitted to subcontractors, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD).
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that our user data is secure and users are protected, there is always a risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be, at times, insecure and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
The GDPR specifies that persons under the age of 15 are considered minors for the purposes of data collection. Minors must have the consent of a legal representative for their data to be collected, processed and used.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, users have the following rights as data subjects:
- right of access;
- right of rectification;
- right to erasure;
- right to restrict processing;
- right to data portability;
- right to object;
Further information on these rights can be found in Chapter 3 (art 12-23) of the GDPR.
How to change, delete, or challenge the data collected
If you would like your information deleted or amended in any way, please contact our Privacy Officer here:
Luc German: email@example.com
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by the website. Its purpose is to collect data about the user’s browsing habits.
We use the following types of cookies
We use the following types of cookies on our site:
- Functional cookies: we use these to remember any selections you make on our site so that they are saved for future visits;
- Analytic cookies: this allows us to improve the design and functionality of our site by collecting data about the content you access while using our site.
You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your web browser, but this may diminish the quality of your user experience.
If you leave a comment on our site, you will be offered to save your name, email address and site in cookies. This is only for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information if you leave another comment later. These cookies expire after one year.
If you go to the login page, a temporary cookie will be created to determine if your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain any personal data and will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
When you visit the login page, a temporary cookie will be created to determine if your browser accepts cookies.
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to record your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days, the lifetime of a screen option cookie is one year. If you check “Remember Me”, your login cookie will be retained for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookie will be deleted.
Editing or publishing a post will set an additional cookie in your browser. This cookie does not include any personal data. It simply shows the ID of the publication you just edited. It expires after one day.
If you have any questions for us, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
1st January 2020