The ‘2022 World Conference on Basic Sciences and Sustainable Development’, slated for September in Belgrade, Serbia, is one of the main events of IYBSSD2022.
The year 2022 is proclaimed as the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development (IYBSSD 2022) by the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly. The programme for the Year will focus on the links between basic sciences and the Sustainable Development Goals.
One of the main events within IYBSSD 2022 will be the World Conference on Basic Sciences and Sustainable Development, to be held on September 20-22, 2022 in Belgrade, Serbia.
The organizers of the event are:
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- World Academy of Art and Science
- Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- The Club of Rome
- Serbian Association of Economists
- World University Consortium
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of Serbia
- Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences
Main topics of the conference include:
- Importance of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development
- Advanced Basic Research in Mathematics and Physics
- Advanced Basic Research in Chemistry and Biology
- Advanced Multiple Disciplinary Basic Research
- Connections of Basic Sciences with Other Sciences, Innovation, and Engineering
- Contributions of Basic Sciences to Medicine, Healthcare, and Water and Food Security
- Connections of Basic Sciences with Energy Technologies, Climate Action, and Protection of the Environment
- Contributions of Basic Research to Advanced Education
This post was first shared by worldacademy.org.