The CAP conference, held at least every two years, is co-organised by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) Commission C2, Communicating Astronomy with the Public (CAP) and the IAU Office for Astronomy Outreach (OAO).
Applications are now open to host the 2024 Communicating Astronomy with the Public (CAP) conference. These conferences, held at least every two years, are co-organised by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) Commission C2 — Communicating Astronomy with the Public (CAP) and the IAU Office for Astronomy Outreach (OAO).
Letters of Intent (LoI) and full Proposals to host a CAP Conference are considered roughly two years before the event. The call to host CAP 2024 is now open and applications are in two steps:
- First, submit a Letter of Intent (LoI) via this form.
- After the approval of the Letter of Intent (LoI) by the CAP Conferences Organisers, then submit a full Proposal.
Deadline for letter submission
The deadline to submit the Letter of Intent to host CAP 2024 is 30 August 2022. You can read more details on how to become a CAP Conference host here.
Important dates for the selection of the host for CAP 2024 are:
- 30 August 2022: deadline to submit Letters of Intent to host CAP 2024
- 12–16 September 2022: down-selection of the LoI
- 30 September 2022: request for full Proposals
- 31 January 2023: deadline to submit full Proposals
- 28 February 2023: public announcement of the winning bid
The 2022 CAP conference will be held from 12 to 16 September 2022, at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia, and online. This year the CAP Conferences Scientific Organising Committee selected the topic “Communicating Astronomy for a Better World” and cordially invites the community to join us in Sydney and online.
This post was first shared by IAU.