An online conference about Artifical Intelligence with a focus on Africa.
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) and Quantum Leap Africa, in partnership with IMAGINARY, invite you to the Virtual Conference and Exhibition WE ARE A.I. “Into the world of Artificial Intelligence.”
Organized on the side-lines of the virtual Next Einstein Forum (NEF) with the theme: “Building Africa’s resilience through education, research and innovation.” , this online event aims to spread awareness of Artificial Intelligence, its technologies, advances and applications. It’s open to everyone interested in AI: teachers, students, and anyone with curiosity will find interactive sessions with games and digital exhibits; those with more knowledge or experience can participate in panels and presentations about AI and its African perspective for education, research, and communication.
Register for free and join on December 3 and 4, 2020.
The organizers especially invite the African public and members of the African technology and research community to participate and showcase how Africa is preparing for the 4th Industrial Revolution through science and innovation.
Learn more here on how to participate as a speaker.
[Subject to change]
All times are GMT+2 (Central Africa Time)
December 3 – Introduction to AI core technologies
Morning (Virtual workshop)
- 09:00 – Registration and Digital Breakfast
- 09:30 – Welcome and Introduction
- 09:50 – Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Keynote)
- 10:30 – (Deep) Neural Networks (Keynote)
- 11:15 – Digital coffee break
- 11:30 – (Deep) Reinforcement Learning (Keynote)
- 12:15 – AI Core technologies – short talks by conference participants
Afternoon (Virtual exhibition)
- 15:00 – Breakout discussion groups on specific topics (AI and industry, AI and education, AI and chemistry, AI and ethics, etc.)
- 16:00 – Digital Coffee Break
- 16:15 – Virtual tour of the I AM A.I. exhibition (public engagement of AI, interactive introduction to core AI technologies)
- 18:00 – Closing discussion
December 4 – AI in Africa
Morning (The current state of AI in Africa)
- 09:30 – Welcome and introduction
- 09:45 – The state of AI in Africa (presented by Quantum Leap Africa)
- 10:30 – Showcase of African AI projects I – short talks by conference participants
- 11:15 – Digital Coffee break
- 11:30 – Showcase of African AI projects II – short talks by conference participants
- 12:15 – Conclusions, Round table, and Q&A.
More informations and updates here.