The important congress about research and innovation for sustainable development has a new date, one year later.
The Sustainability Research & Innovation Congress 2021 (SRI2021) will take place from 12-15 June, 2021 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Center in Brisbane, Australia.
SRI2021 will build on the rich program of SRI2020, which, due to the global outbreak of COVID-19, was postponed to 2021.
SRI2021 will bring together an even larger and more dynamic group of global change-makers in sustainability.
SRI aims to:
- Foster productive and solutions-oriented dialogue between disciplines and sectors.
- Build a transdisciplinary science and innovation community, inclusive of all sectors and knowledge streams.
- Share the latest research and knowledge and provide a dynamic venue for training, mentoring, valorization, and synthesis.
- Foster green entrepreneurship and sustainable innovation.
- Develop evidence-based plans and strategies together to advance sustainability pathways.
- Provide an interactive space for sustainability funders to explore new partnership models.
- Increase use of sustainability research through effective public communication, including youth messaging.
- Legitimize sustainability as a career through the formation of a professional society.
Themes of the conference
Sustainable Solutions from the Global South
Flipping the script on sustainability, introducing perspectives and lessons from the Global South, finding partners in the Global North, and exploring the differences.
Integrated Action for the SDGs
Identifying pathways to societal transformation, mapping actors, and evaluating synergies, trade offs and risks.
Advancing sustainability science through knowledge co-design.
Sustainability for Whom?
Encouraging diversity and inclusion to advance sustainability throughout generations.
Call to contributions
All accepted sessions for SRI2020 will be automatically rolled over into the new Congress program. Those who have submitted applications for Popcorn Sessions and Demonstrations, will be invited to re-submit their proposal later on.