The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) is calling for the submission of abstracts for its ‘4th NAS Scientific Conference’, taking place in January 2023.
- Subtheme 1: Green Energy Solutions for Nigeria – Covering research related to innovation and new technologies towards renewable energy, efficient energy use, and reduced carbon emissions
- Subtheme 2: Food Security under a Changing Climate – Exploring the relationships between climate change, food production systems, as well as demand and supply chains
- Subtheme 3: Innovations in Healthcare Delivery – Innovations, including emerging technologies, aimed at enhancing health outcomes, diagnostic and treatment options, as well as the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the healthcare system
- Subtheme 4: Innovative Solutions for Smart Cities and National Security – Research that improves the quality of life, energy, and security in cities through the use of technologies or digital innovations such as the internet of things
- Subtheme 5: Sanitation and Waste Management for a Sustainable Environment – Innovative strategies for waste reduction, recycling, water resource management, etc
- Subtheme 6: The Future of Teaching and Learning in Nigeria – This subtheme would explore areas such as the use of information and communications technology (ICT) to support teaching and learning, new advancements in educational tools, methods, and practices
- Subtheme 7: Manufacturing and Local Content Imperatives – This would cover areas related to industrial development, job creation, value addition, and more efficient value chain incorporation across all areas of Nigeria’s economy
To submit an abstract for the Conference, please download and complete the abstract submission form.
Participation in the Conference is open to all interested researchers and students from tertiary institutions and research institutes. There is no conference registration fee for the 2023 Conference. However, pre-registration for the Conference is required. To register to participate in the Conference, please click here.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: Thursday, 10th November, 2022
Notification of selected abstracts: 5-9th December, 2022
Deadline for Conference registration: Tuesday, 3rd January, 2023
The full call for abstracts can be viewed here. For further information please contact the NAS Secretariat using 0808-962-2442 or email@example.com.
This announcement was first made by NAS.