The standing Committee for Gender Equality in Science organized since February 2022 nine webinars that are worth watching.
The Standing Committee for Gender Equality in Science (SCGES) has been created in September 2020 by several international scientific unions who took part in the project A Global Approach to the Gender Gap in Mathematical, Computing, and Natural Sciences: How to Measure It, How to Reduce It?
After the production of a report, that evaluates the current situation and proposes ways of action, these organizations wish to act together, in particular by supporting women and girls’ equal access to science education, and fostering equal opportunity and treatment for females in their careers.
One important action they have is the organization of webinars, in partnership with these member organizations. Up to now, there have been:
- The Gender Gap in Mathematics
- Women in Global Science Organizations
- Quotas for Women in Science: an Effective Step toward Equality/Equity?
- Toward Gender Equality in Science: Perspectives from Ppsychology
- Moving Ahead on Gender Equity — A Chemistry Perspective
- (In-)visibility of women in Science: Historical Perspectives
- How to Evaluate and Reduce the Gender Gap in Science?
- Developing and Enacting Codes of Conduct in Professional Unions
- Gender Equality and Beyond in the Polar Sciences