The 18th IUVSTA International Summer School goes online.
This school will be held from 8th to 10th June 2021. It aims at presenting current trends of research at both tutorial as well as state-of-the-art level. The school will also connect the fundamental research to the vital areas of technology: nano-electronics, photonics and renewable energy.
The school provides a place where students and young researchers can learn from invited leading scientists, discuss their own research plans and link to each other. Traditionally, the school takes place in the relaxing environment of the Czech-Moravian highlands, half way between Prague and Brno, however this time it will be held online. Participants can meet at several hubs distributed over Europe, depending on the local pandemic rules:
- Institute of Physics, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
- Brno University of Technology
- Central European Institute of Technology, Brno University of Technology
- Institute of Applied Physics at the Vienna University of Technology
- Dpt. of Materials, ETH Zürich
- Global (this hub is for participants who cannot or do not want to join any of the above mentioned hubs)
The school is organized jointly by Institute of Physical Engineering FME BUT, CEITEC, Institute of Physics, of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Physical Society and Czech Vacuum Society as the 18th International Summer School of IUVSTA through its Nanometer Structures Division as part of the CzechNanoLab activities.
- Antonín Fejfar, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Tomáš Šikola, Brno University of Technology
More information and registration here.