“The object of the European Physical Society is to contribute to and promote the advancement of physics, in Europe and in neighbouring countries”
The object of the Society is and shall be to contribute to and promote the advancement of physics, in Europe and in neighbouring countries, by all suitable means and in particular by providing a forum for the discussion of subjects of common interest and by providing means whereby action can be taken on those matters which appear desirable to handle on the international level.
The European Physical Society actively:
- advocates physics research and its contribution to the economic, technological, social and cultural advancement in Europe;
- represents the European physics community, providing independent input into science policy issues in Europe;
- supports the role of physicists to actively engage in the design and implementation of European science policies;
- designs and implements programmes to develop the European physics community and physics research;
- provides a forum for EPS Members to discuss common issues and share best practice;
- engages in activities to reduce European fragmentation in physics research, funding and education;
- cooperates with international physical societies to promote physics, to support physicists worldwide and to foster international collaboration.
- President: Petra Rudolf
- President Elect: Luc Bergé
- Secretary General: David Lee