“As the forum, conscience, and voice of the arts and sciences in the Netherlands, the Academy promotes the quality of scientific and scholarly work and strives to ensure that Dutch scholars and scientists make the best possible contribution to the cultural, social, and economic development of Dutch society.”
In accordance with its statutory duties, the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences:
- serves as a forum for debate and a platform for knowledge-sharing;
- manages and sets policy for the national research institutes;
- issues advisory reports and foresight studies;
- cooperates with foreign and international organisations on matters related to science and scholarship;
- awards prizes and runs a number of funding programmes, either in its own name or on behalf of a foundation or fund that has been entrusted to it.
As the forum, conscience, and voice of the arts and sciences in the Netherlands, the Academy promotes quality in science and scholarship and strives to ensure that Dutch scholars and scientists contribute to cultural, social and economic progress. As a research organisation, the Academy is responsible for a group of outstanding national research institutes. It promotes innovation and knowledge valorisation within these institutes and encourages them to cooperate with one another and with university research groups.
- President: Ineke Sluiter
- Vice-President and General Secretary: Marc Groenhuijsen
- Vice-President: Marileen Dogterom