The Sustainable Research and Innovation 2020 Congress (SRI2020), of which IRD is a partner, will be held from 14th to 17th June 2020 in Brisbane, Australia. The call for papers is now open.
On this occasion, “popcorn sessions“ and “demonstration sessions“ will be organised to allow different audiences to learn and exchange on the latest advances in sustainability science in a discipline, theme or geographical area and to explore new ideas.
Speakers will be expected to present cutting-edge, high-quality and solution-oriented work for sustainability research and innovation.
A popcorn session offers the opportunity to make a 7-minute presentation presenting participants’ work in an interactive format that allows for knowledge sharing and learning, interaction and connection. Presentations will be in the framework of the following themes:
- Developing an industrial ecology marketplace for plastic waste
- Past global changes as indicators for future changes and strategies for sustainability
- Transformations to sustainability through transformations in air travel – Perspectives from science
- Advances in Earth observation for biodiversity and ecosystem monitoring
- Integrativity in complexity: knowledge co-creation at the food-water-energy nexus
- The role of biodiversity for transformative change towards sustainable development
- Sustainability, the Asian way (or Sustainable transformations, can Asia lead the way?)
- Critical social-science perspectives on transformations to sustainability – emerging framings and approaches
- North-South participation through engaging communities for implantation of Sustainable Development Goals harnessing science, research and innovation
Practical Demonstration Sessions:
These sessions will showcase innovations such as technologies, equipment, visual tools, creative and interactive installations for use in the field of sustainability. The sessions will last 2.5 hours, during which speakers can schedule several demonstrations or exhibits.
Proposals are encouraged to include interactive and innovative approaches that increase public participation.
- The deadline for applications is 16th February 2020;
- Abstracts should be less than 300 words;
- Applications are made online through the SRI2020 submission portal;
- More information: detailed list of SRI2020 Popcorn Sessions.
This post was first published by IRD.