Feique is the Spanish Chemical Industry Federation who represents and defends the interests of the Spanish chemical sector in more than 150 committees and executive bodies in both the public and private spheres. Its objective is to promote the expansion and competitive development of an innovative chemical industry that contributes to the generation of wealth, employment and products and promote sustainability by improving the quality of life of people and the planet.
About Spanish chemical industry
- The chemical industry remains one of the major and most consolidated industrial sectors in Spain. With a turnover of 77.250 billion €, the Chemical industry is the 2nd largest sector of Spanish Industry, generating 13,3% of Industrial GDP and annual investments of more than 2.500 billion €.
- It generates 210,000 direct jobs and more than 700,000 indirect and induced jobs. With more than 93% of permanent contracts, an annual average salary of 38,150 € per employee, employment in the sector is distinguished by its high qualification and quality. In addition, the chemical sector is the one that invests the most in training and is leader in productivity.
- In 2021 it was the second largest exporter in the Spanish economy, with 5 billion € coming from foreign markets, to which it dedicates 60% of its production. In the first quarter of 2022, the chemical industry achieved exports of 15 billion €, becoming Spain’s leading exporter.
- The Chemical industry also leads the investment in R&D and Innovation in our country. It dedicates 5% of its added value, with an annual investment of 1.721 billion € in R&D+I (23.6% of all industry). It also accounts for 22.2% of the total number of researchers employed in the Spanish productive economy.
- The chemical industry is one of the main economic drivers in Spain both for its strength and size, but above all because of its economic tractor capacity. In fact, it supplies products and technologies to 96% of production sectors and is basic for countless production chains