“Canada’s particle accelerator centre”
TRIUMF is Canada’s particle accelerator centre. From the hunt for the smallest particles in the universe to the development of new technologies, including next-generation batteries and medical isotopes, TRIUMF is pushing the frontiers in research to advance science, medicine, and industry.
TRIUMF’s programs in scientific research, education, and commercialization have enjoyed considerable success—and many have had substantial impact. Ultimately, these programs are based on pure research in subatomic physics and exploit the opportunities provided by TRIUMF’s core facilities and its synergy with the university research community.
Strategic Plan & Mission
TRIUMF’s mission is to serve as Canada’s particle accelerator centre. It advances isotope science and technology, both fundamental and applied. It collaborates across communities and disciplines, from nuclear and particle physics to the life and material sciences. It discovers and innovates, inspires and educates, creating knowledge and opportunity for all.
- Executive Director & CEO: Nigel Smith
- Special Advisor: James D. Hanlon
- Chief Financial Officer: Joanna Carson
- President & CEO, TRIUMF Innovations: Kathryn Hayashi
- Director, Accelerator Division: Oliver Kester
- Chief of Staff: Sean Lee
- Interim Director, Physical Sciences Division: Petr Navratil
- Interim Director, Projects and Infrastructure Divsion: Bill Richert
- Director, Life Sciences Divison: Paul Schaffer