“To promote the development of physics in the aspects of basic knowledge and its applications, as well as to encourage scientific research and teaching in all educational fields”
The Royal Spanish Physics Society (RSEF) aims to promote the development of physics in the aspects of basic knowledge and its applications, as well as to encourage scientific research and teaching in all educational fields. The RSEF carries out its activities throughout Spain and maintains international relations in its own fields and, in particular, with Latin America.
The RSEF is structured geographically in Local Sections and a Foreign Section (abroad) and, scientifically, in Divisions and Specialised Groups that bring together members with common interests in certain areas of physics.
The fundamental aims of the RSEF are:
- To transmit to society and its institutions the importance of physics for the development and welfare of citizens.
- To promote research, teaching and dissemination of Spanish physics both in Spain and abroad.
- To encourage debate on the teaching of physics at all levels and to advise the competent bodies on the subject.
- To be a national point of reference in all matters relating to the physical sciences and technologies.
- To be an institutional advisory body on those issues where physics plays a relevant role.
- To participate in the constitution of national scientific commissions as well as in the Spanish representations in international scientific institutions and commissions.
- To advise and collaborate with the business world on issues related to physics.
- To contribute to the scientific and technological education of the Society, promoting activities for the dissemination and diffusion of physics.
- To facilitate contact between people, institutions or organisations interested in physics and, especially, between members of the RSEF.
- President: Luis Viña Liste
- Vice President: Elena Pinilla Cienfuegos
- Vice President: Miguel Ángel Sanchis Lozano
- Secretary General: Ana Jesús López Díaz
- Treasurer: María Varela del Arco
- General editor: Miguel Ángel Fernández Sanjuán