“Effectively and efficiently contribute to nation-building and improvement of the quality of life of the Filipino people”
The National Research Council of the Philippines is a collegial body of highly-trained and productive scientists and researchers addressing the demand for knowledge, skills and innovations in the sciences and humanities, in order to effectively and efficiently contribute to nation-building and improvement of the quality of life of the Filipino people by 2025.
The NRCP is committed to promote frontier and problem-oriented researches in the sciences and humanities that provide solutions to pressing and anticipated national issues. In the next ten years, it seeks an enabling environment where its members can continuously generate new knowledge and exemplary researches as well as mentor future members. It fosters a culture that allows its employees various opportunities for professional growth. It adhere to the highest ethical standards in research and dissemination. In partnership with DOST and other linkages, it optimize its resources to achieve these goals in the country and in the international community.
- Promotion and support of fundamental or basic research for the continuing improvement of the research capability of individual or group scientists;
- Foster linkages with local and international scientific organizations for enhanced cooperation in the development and sharing of scientific information;
- Provide advice on problems and issues of national interest;
- Promotion of scientific and technological culture to all sectors of society.
- Executive Director: Marieta Bañez Sumagaysay