“Contribute to the socio-economic development of Burkina Faso through science, arts, literature and culture”.
In order to achieve its goal, the academy carries out the following activities, among others:
- Carrying out studies on its own initiative or at the request of the State or any other organization;
- Formulation of recommendations on issues of education, scientific research and innovation.
The academy has five colleges:
- Human and animal health sciences
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Science and Technology
- Humanities, Arts, Literature and Culture
- Legal, Political, Economic and Management Sciences
- President: Paco Sereme