“A complex research institution with diverse themes”
During the 70 years of its existence the Institute of Geology was formed as a complex research institution with diverse themes. The Institute has laboratories:
- Regional geology and geotectonics;
- Paleozoic stratigraphy;
- Cenozoic geology;
- Magmatism and metamorphism;
- Ore deposits;
- Paleovolcanology and metallogeny;
- Geochemistry and isotope geology;
- Hydrogeology and geoecology.
Given the continuing need for prospective young scientists between the Institute of Geology and Bashkir State University, signed a cooperation agreement dated November 1, 2006 on the establishment of the base of the department, the department of geology and geomorphology of the Bashkir State University status of the base determined by the department.
The studies in these directions are characterized by a combination of theoretical approach and work at practical applications of studies.
- Director: Kovalev Sergei Grigorevich
- Scientific head: Puchkov Viktor Nikolaevich
- Scientific Secretary: Timofeeva Eugenia Anatolievna