“The voice of Canadian physics”
The Canadian Association of Physicists (CAP) is the voice of Canadian physics. The CAP is dedicated to highlighting achievements in Canadian physics and pursuing scientific, educational, public policy and communication initiatives that enhance the vitality of physics and physicists in Canada.
The CAP represents more than 1,700 physicists working in academia, government and industry. Incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1945, it provides leadership to the Canadian physics community through:
- celebrating Canadian physics achievements;
- informing members and the public of developments in the field;
- raising awareness of physics among future physicists;
- facilitating communication with the public and those making funding and policy decisions.
Membership in the CAP supports careers, professions, and the ongoing advancement of Canadian physics.
A vibrant, inclusive and engaged Canadian physics community that benefits Canada.
To advocate, communicate and celebrate the role, value and contributions of Canadian physics.
- Excellence and Professionalism
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity
- Collegiality and Mentorship
- President: Manu Paranjape
- Past President: Robert I. Thompson
- Vice President: Barbara Frisken
- Vice President Elect: Bill Whelan
- Secretary/Treasurer: Christine Kraus
- Executive Director: Francine Ford