“An official institution of the Cuban state, independent and consultative in the field of science”
The Academy of Sciences of Cuba is an official institution of the Cuban state, independent and consultative in the field of science.
Its main objectives are to contribute to the development of Cuban science and the dissemination of national and universal scientific advances, giving prestige to scientific research of excellence in the country, raising professional ethics and the social value of science, as well as strengthening the links of scientists and their organizations among themselves, with society and with the rest of the world.
- contribute to raising the role of science in national culture and the dissemination of scientific method in society;
- promote scientific and technical activity;
- recognizie outstanding scientists and groups;
- contribute to raise the level of scientific and technical manpower in the country, especially the younger generation;
- promote and strengthen inter-academic links with international organizations and counterparts in other countries;
- act as a multidisciplinary consultation body for any relevant scientific-technical topic in the country.
- President: Luis Velazquez Pérez
- Vice President: Isneri Talavera Bustamante
- Vice President: Carlos de Jesús Rodríguez Castellanos
- Vice President: Olga Fernández Ríos
- Secretary: Lilliam Margarita Alvarez Díaz