“To man, the light”
Independent learned society, the Academy of Sciences, Arts, Cultures of Africa and African Diasporas (ASCAD) is a special public body, attached to the Presidency of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire.
It is a company of scientists, philosophers, writers, artists, creators and inventors whose works honor the African civilization and participate in the socio-economic development, as well as the influence of Côte d’Ivoire, Africa and the African Diasporas.
Areas of competence
- Exact sciences: mathematics, physical sciences.
- Natural sciences: agronomy, medicine, odonto-stomatology, pharmacy, life and earth sciences.
- Humanities: literature, philosophy, history, geography, psychology, educational science, linguistics, anthropology, sociology, languages.
- Social sciences: legal and political sciences, economic and management sciences.
- Arts and culture: painting, theater, sculpture, choreography, cinema, cultural action, heritage, reflective disciplines.
As a space for progress and knowledge sharing, the Academy’s main objectives are to:
- contribute to the development and influence of African cultures, arts and diasporas;
- appreciate and encourage initiatives;
- promote exchanges between Ivorian and international researchers;
- edit and publish works and reviews;
- contribute to the integral development of the human being;
- support the culture of peace.
- President: Asseypo Antoine Hauhouot
- Vice President: Anani Samuel Gadegbeku
- Secretary of the Academy: Koré Jacques Diopoh
- Secretary of the Academy: Guillaume Koffi
- Secretary of the Academy: N’Guessan Jérémie Kouadio
- Secretary of the Academy: Kla Anglade Malan