“To make the best young researchers in Spain visible and to encourage vocations at an early age.”
The aims of the Young Academy of Spain are as follows:
- To promote science as a career option among youth by making exceptional young people from any country, and in particular from Spain, visible as role models; to propose policies aimed at eliminating obstacles to the participation of women, people with disabilities and minorities in the different branches of knowledge; and to promote intergenerational cooperation with the Royal Academies of the Institute of Spain.
- To give visibility to and represent young scientists, to participate in the development of scientific policies and to position itself, by issuing opinions and reports, on issues of national and international relevance related to knowledge.
- To promote scientific training through the promotion of knowledge, research and innovation as drivers of economic development, and support the exchange between young researchers from different institutions, both national and international.
- To encourage the contributions of science to society through the development of new approaches to solve problems of national and international importance.
- President: Javier García Martínez
- Vice President:Jonatan Ruiz Ruiz
- Secretary: Javier Martínez Moguerza