“The Council works to promote high quality scientific research and the impact of research in society.”
The Council of Finnish Academies is a cooperative body for the four science academies in Finland:
- the Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters is a bilingual (Swedish and Finnish) science academy of all fields of science;
- the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters is a general scientific and academic society covering the full range of academic disciplines;
- the Finnish Academy of Technology;
- the Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences in Finland is a Swedish language science academy.
The Council works to promote high quality scientific research and the impact of research in society.
The Council of Finnish Academies connects the Finnish and international fields of science.
The Council represents the Finnish academies of science in international scientific organizations and promotes the international visibility of Finnish science. The Council acts as a nodal point between the Finnish and international science community.
The Council promotes the use of scientific knowledge in policymaking and governance.
The Council of Finnish Academies actively takes part in domestic and international debates on science policies. The Council works to create interfaces for researcher-policymaker dialogues in order to advance the use of scientific knowledge in policymaking.
The Council grants financial support for activities in scientific organizations.
The coordination and support for Finnish National Committees is a cornerstone in the Council’s activities. The Council allocates National Committees with state subsidies from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Chair: Jukka Meurman
- Vice Chair: Markku Leskelä