It is exactly a century since the 1959 Nobel Prize in Chemistry winner, Jaroslav Heyrovský, discovered polarography, one of the most important Czech contributions to the world science.
A survey has revealed that 22% of Slovakian citizens have never used the internet, while the rest 78% claimed they only used the internet at least a few times, weekly.
Aside polluting world rivers, a study has discovered that pharmaceutical pollution could contribute to antimicrobial resistance. Hence, affecting human health, while threatening the United Nations’ goals on water quality.
For the next 40 months, ACCTING, an EU-funded project, will mobilize research experimentation and innovation based on a methodological framework to advance a gender equal and socially-just European Green Deal.
The ‘TWAS – Elsevier Foundation Project Grants for Gender Equity and Climate Action’ for female scientists will support women’s well-being and mitigate the consequences of climate change through concrete action-based projects.
Pre-registration, abstract and grant applications for ‘SOC of the Communicating Astronomy with the Public (CAP) Conference 2022’, holding in Australia, have opened, and will close on April 30, 2022.
Stefania Mondello, who took part in the ‘Inter-Academy partnership’ (IAP) Young Physician Leaders (YPL) programme in 2018, has emerged as the youngest Professor of Biostatistics at University of Messina (Italy).
In a recent interview, Michel Spiro, President of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), explains why the United Nations will celebrate 2022 as the ‘International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development’ (IYBSSD2022).
According to a report, decent internet connection is out of reach for 90 per cent of people in low- and middle-income countries, while women’s web exclusion cost poorest countries US$1 trillion in GDP.
The ‘International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry’ has launched the recruitment process to appoint a new Executive Director for the organisation, who will replace the outgoing Dr. Lynn M. Soby.