Snow Cover, Atmospheric Precipitation, Aerosols
Scientific Conference – Strategy Session is held to bring together representatives of stakeholders to analyze and assess the current situation, identify problems, develop solutions and a common vision for the development of research on snow cover, precipitation and aerosols. The conference will contribute to the creation of a new scientific and discussion platform in the Baikal region. The study of these objects is based on the application of fundamental sciences, which implies theoretical and experimental scientific research of fundamental phenomena and the search for patterns.
The conference working languages are English and Russian.
1. Methods, tools and research methodology of the physical and chemical properties and the composition of the snow cover, precipitations and aerosols.
2. Impact of the climate change, physical and chemical processes in atmosphere and anthropogenic activities on the chemical composition of the snow cover, atmospheric precipitations and aerosols.
3. Modeling and research of the climate change, the physical properties and the chemical composition of the snow cover, atmospheric precipitations and aerosols.
4. Role of the snow cover, atmospheric precipitations, and aerosols in the biogeochemical cycles and the cryosphere.
5. Interaction of oceans, land surface and biosphere with the snow cover, atmospheric precipitations and aerosols.
6. Assessment of the impact of the snow cover, atmospheric precipitations, and aerosols on the natural and socioeconomic systems and on the human health.
7. Snow cover, precipitations and aerosols in philosophy, history of science and arts.
8. Information technologies in research of the snow cover, precipitations and aerosols.