Science, action! – Special edition to celebrate IYBSSD
Lights, camera, action!
Your audience? Anyone from age 7 to 99!
This is your chance to connect with thousands of Canadians and show them why research matters. The six videos that tell the best stories about how research in the natural sciences and engineering fields help advance the Sustainable Development Goals will be featured as part of the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development celebrations, and the contestants who submitted those winning videos will each receive a cash prize. Create a video inspired by your team’s current or past research funded by an NSERC or FRQNT grant; entries can be live action or animated.
The deadline for submissions is February 10, 2023.
You’ve got one minute to impress the jury.
How do I enter?
– You must be 18 years of age or older.
– You must be a graduate student (enrolled in either an MSc or PhD program at a Canadian Institution).
– You must be part of a research team that includes a professor who holds or has held an NSERC or FRQNT grant.
– Create a 60-second video featuring NSERC- or FRQNT-funded research.
– Your video must be directly related to your team’s research, be scientifically sound and must clearly make the connection between basic sciences and the Sustainable Development Goals.
– Provide a description of your video (maximum of 950 characters, including spaces and punctuation).
– Submit your video by February 10, 2023.
Note: Only one entry can be submitted per person or team.
An initial review of all submissions will be done to select the top 25 videos, which will proceed to the judging panel. This selection will be based on the technical quality of the videos and the effectiveness in communicating the intent and benefit(s) of the chosen research subject.