Global Conversation on Sustainability (GCS)
The Global Conversation on Sustainability (GCS) is a joint project led by the International Younger Chemists Network (IYCN) and the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) that aims to tackle the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) by raising awareness and implementing sustainable practices globally. We aim to connect and engage scientists in this global conversation by taking effective actions towards sustainability targeting the SDGs and keeping track of their progress.
The following outcomes are expected to be accomplished:
– Implement a culture of sustainable practices among the scientific community;
– Promote the engagement of young and established scientists in taking actions for the benefit of society and sustainability of our planet;
– Showcase activities pursued locally that could be applied nationally/internationally;
– Launch synergies across different countries and continents in implementing sustainable practices;
– Highlight opportunities for younger chemists to volunteer within IUPAC projects by enhancing the IYCN/IUPAC synergies, which could further extend to other international scientific organizations and early-career networks.
We are coordinating a one-day event worldwide focusing on sustainability towards a common good. This event is scheduled to be held annually on September 25th.
We would like to warmly invite you to actively join us in this global conversation by organizing your own event.
The events can follow different formats, to be chosen by the event organizers. Possible formats include, but are not limited to, a lecture series or a panel discussion.
More information about the project, including guidelines on how to organize and register your own event can be found in the official GCS’ website: https://www.gcs-day.org/
Start organizing and register your own event today to become part of the solution because sustainable action begins with a conversation.
Join us in this global conversation on September 25th!