Experts will discuss how basic science can contribute to find solutions to environmental problems such as E-waste, and how Global South-North dialogue is needed. In this part, we present interviews with them about the issues they will discuss at the Tsukuba Conference 2023, to be held this September 26-28 in Tsukuba City, Japan.
- Introduction by Shin-ichi Adachi, KEK
- Interviews with:
- Marian Asantewah Nkansah, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana: Igniting a Global North-South Dialogue about Responsible Production and Consumption
- Takashi Fujimori, Ryukoku University: Environmental Impact Assessment Based on Basic Science
- Hitoshi Abe, KEK: The African Light Source and its contribution to basic science in Africa
- Natsuko Kajiwara, National Institute for Environmental Studies: Global efforts to address the environmental impact of additive chemicals in recycled plastic products