“The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) is a goverment agency committed to carrying out basic research, providing objective grounds for science and technology management and shaping policies, and training high quality human resources.”
The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) is a goverment agency. It is committed to:
- carrying out basic research in natural sciences and technology development;
- providing objective grounds for science and technology management, for shaping policies, strategies and plans for socio-economic development;
- training high quality human resources for science and technology.
Missons and Rights
- carry out basic research in natural sciences and technology in the areas of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, biotechnology, information technology, electronics, automation, space technology, material science, biodiversity and the bioactive substances, earth science, marine science and technology, environment and energy, forecasts, prevention and mitigation of natural disasters;
- conduct synthetic research on natural resources, natural conditions and environment;
- implement, apply and transfer scientific and technological research results.
- train high quality human resources for science and technology;
- organise postgraduate education in natural science and technology;
- popularise and disseminate knowledge and results of scientific research and technology development to satisfy requirements for expansion of science and technology markets.
- participate in evaluating technology level, examining and approving techno-economic theoretical foundations of key state and regional projects;
- make proposals and supervise the implementation of key State-level scientific and technological programs;
- produce reports and provide information on earthquake and tsunami warnings for authorised agencies.
4. International cooperation
- carry out international cooperation in science and technology;
- organise and oversee the implementation of international cooperation programs and projects;
- host international conferences and workshops, manage international meetings and cooperation plans of research units of the VAST.
Organization of VAST
Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology has 51 subordinate units, including:
- 33 Research Units (27 Units established by Government and 06 Units established by VAST President);
- 06 Administrative Units;
- 07 Other Units;
- 04 Self-financing Units;
- 01 State Enterprise.
All of these are main in Hanoi, Phu Tho, Haiphong, HoChiMinh city, Nhatrang, Dalat, Hue.
- President: Chau Van Minh