“To promote at a higher level the cultivation of mathematical and natural sciences”
- To sponsor and help pure or applied scientific research;
- To disseminate scientific knowledge through conferences and forums, the publication of books, brochures or magazines and the formation of a library specialized in science;
- To create prizes and incentives for scientific research and publications, to sponsor the meeting of congresses of this nature;
- To sponsor the sending abroad of teachers, researchers and professionals for the purpose of study and improvement, and to create scholarships for these purposes.
- To collect information on general progress and research in the sciences, for the application of these to the country’s problems, and their dissemination through secondary and higher education.
- it awards yearly two prizes for the best PhD thesis, in natural and exact sciences, respectively;
- it awards two prizes per year to outstanding women up to 40 years of age, in natural and exact sciences respectively;
- it elects 15 young outstanding scientists for 3-year periods to form part of a group called Frontiers Science.
- President: María Cecilia Hidalgo
- Vice President: Bernabé Santelices
- Vice President: Mario Hamuy
- Secretary: Francisco Herve
- Treasurer: Carlos Conca
- Deputy Secretary: Rosalba Lagos Mónaco